Rutgers–New Brunswick has a free intercampus bus and shuttle system to help you get where you need to go on its five campuses. Visitors are welcome to use our bus system.
On weekdays during the school year, there are nine bus options:
- Route “A” – College Avenue and Busch (goes to Busch academic buildings first from College Avenue)
- Route “B” – Livingston and Busch
- Route “C” – Busch Commuter Shuttle (loop between the Stadium West Lot and the Allison Road Classroom Building)
- Route “EE” – College Avenue and Cook/Douglass (via George Street)
- Route “F” – College Avenue and Cook/Douglass (via Route 18)
- Route “H” – College Avenue and Busch (goes to Busch residential buildings first from College Avenue)
- Route “LX” – College Avenue and Livingston
- Route “REXB” – Douglass and Busch
- Route “REXL” – Douglass and Livingston
Buses run as often as every 3-9 minutes during peak periods on weekdays. Bus service starts at 7 a.m., and certain routes run as late as 2-3 a.m. Depending on where you are going, the average bus ride ranges anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.
On weekends during the school year, there are two bus options:
- Route “Weekend 1” – College Avenue to Busch to Livingston to College Avenue to Cook/Douglass and back to College Avenue
- Route “Weekend 2” – College Avenue to Cook/Douglass to College Avenue to Livingston to Busch and back to College Avenue
These two bus routes also run weekdays during the break periods and are renamed accordingly. During Winter Break in January they are referred to as “Winter Break 1” and “Winter Break 2,” during spring break in March as “Spring Break 1” and “Spring Break 2,” and during the summer session from mid-May to the end of August as “Summer 1” and “Summer 2.” Break buses also run less frequently during these periods, so again please allow for extra travel time.
NextBus provides real-time campus bus arrival information, updated at regular intervals. You can even use the NextBus service on your mobile device to calculate arrival and wait times. Visit admissions.rutgers.edu/nextbus or download the Rutgers Mobile App, available for the iPhone, iPod, and iPad as well as Android phones and tablets. Various bus stops throughout Rutgers–New Brunswick also have NextBus displays that show realtime bus arrivals. For route information and current bus schedules visit rudots.rutgers.edu/campusbuses.shtml.