Summer & Winter Session
Transform your free time into degree credits with summer and winter session!
With one of the largest summer session programs in the country, Rutgers–New Brunswick offers 2,500 courses, internships, and research/travel-study opportunities to fulfill core or major/minor requirements and boost your resume. The smaller, immersive winter term is ideal for continuing study in subjects that require practice, such as foreign languages and public speaking.
Summer and winter sessions provide both Rutgers and visiting students the opportunity to advance toward their undergraduate or graduate degrees through outstanding faculty, smaller class sizes and a single focus.
High school Pre-College Programs
Jump start your future at one of the nation’s top research universities with the Summer Scholars Program. Designed for high-achieving high school students, the Rutgers Summer Scholars Program allows students 16 years and older to:
- Take up to two college courses before entering college
- Attend college success workshops
- Learn from award-winning faculty
- Explore interests and possible majors
- Tour the Rutgers–New Brunswick campus
- Participate in exciting activities and field trips with other students
- Attend an orientation and final certificate ceremony
Summer Academies, one-week residential certificate programs, are also available for students 16 to 18 years old.
Graduating high school seniors who have enrolled at Rutgers–New Brunswick have the opportunity to take Summer Session courses before starting college as well. This is a great way to:
- Acclimate yourself to the university
- Earn credits toward your degree
- Explore possible majors
- Reduce your course load for the academic year
- Meet new people